Saturday, December 20, 2014

Project Life 2014 | May to July

The end of the year is quickly approaching and I wanted to share the pages from my Project Life album before they come really irrelevant. I am bulk posting a few months at a time for the next couple of weeks. Most of these pages have been finished in the last few weeks with "getting it documented" being the name of the game. At the beginning of the year, my plan for 2014 changed from a monthly approach instead of weekly. The goal was one spread a month, if not more, and inserts as needed. This plan really helped me stay as up to date as possible. You can see my title page here and all 2014 Project Life posts here

May
 My last Project Life post covering my trip to Southern California ended with a 6x12 insert. So this post is starting with the backside of that insert. It has a photo grid and journaling about our tiny houseguests.
 The right hand side of the spread covers life at home in May and how it varies with the start of Fire Season as well as how we were adjusting the little ones. The center inserts from left to right are Smash pad, two 4x6s from the Seafoam Core Kit cut down to 3x4 and a calendar card.
 The next part of the month's documentation was a full spread with two 12x12 pages.
 Left hand side holds photos and a small spot of journaling in the flap on the edge about the Slide Fire during the second half of May. That flap was just made from using a 3x4 pocket and washi tape.
The right hand side features a few smaller stories from the month. The center insert cards from left to right are a Smash Pad quote card documenting some of the kids' random questions and statements, an Elise Joy quote card, and two journaling cards from the Seafoam Core Kit. The card furthest to the right was originally a 4x6. 

June
 Back to the more normal for this album having a full spread with smaller inserts "sandwiched" in between.
 I used the whole left hand side to share about celebrating our six years together. Despite it being one of the busier months of Fire Season, June is our month. In the center the cards are, from left to right, an Elise Joy quote card, a card from the Seafoam core kit, a notebook lined card, and a filler card from WRMK. This month I also switched up my calendar card.

 The backside of the 6x12 has first time on SkyRide at Arizona Snowbowl and the right side has our trip to Bearizona. We did these both during our anniversary weekend but they were also items on our Flagstaff Bucket List.
 A closer look at the journaling for the 6x12. I placed the smaller photo on a 4x6 gridded journaling card and layered a tag and some other embellishments.
 For the Bearizona page, I had way more photos than I knew what to do with. I put in my five favorite photos and used a large journaling card. Before handwriting the details, I ran it through my printer to add the Bearizona logo.
 Here is the backside of that 10x12 insert and the right hand side 12x12. I used the 12x12 to wrap up the second half of June.
 For the journaling on the insert, I ran the 4x6 through the printer with the text from this blog post. I added the title afterwards. In the pocket above holds the map from the course. In this photo, you can also see the journaling card sticking out from behind the maps from the May spread.
We end with the right hand side 12x12. From left to right, the center journal cards are Seafoam Core Kit, WRMK Simply Happy Pad, and two Studio Calico cards, one layered and one with a "pocket". The "Notes" card has bullet points with the major happenings of the last two weeks of the month. The furthest pocket to the right holds some personal journaling. To give it more privacy, I slipped the journaling card into a glassine baggie that some embellishments from an old Studio Calico kit came in. Done and done. 

July
 Another set of 12x12's with a 10x12 in the middle. I really like pattern and consistency. Again, another things that helps me get the stories documented and keep the project up to date.
 A closer look at the left hand side. I went back to using the Oh The Lovely Things card for the month. Next two it are two cards from the Seafoam Core Kit. One of my favorite ways, as seen in months past, is adding journaling around the curve of a photo or shape. Here it did it on both the plate in the top left photo as well as around the circle on the journaling card. I also followed the chevron pattern with my journaling on the other card as well.
 This side of the insert was about the 4th of July. It was a fairly relaxed day despite being all over Flagstaff and Williams throughout the day. The journaling card is from a Smash Pad. I love that all those bubbles and lines feel like how I felt driving all day.
Here is a look at the backside of the insert and the right hand side. Pretty straight forward. 
 I did another insert about another disc golfing day. I used more text from this post. Again, I added the map of the course layout. Also, I went back and noted, in the rim of the can, that this was my last beer of the year.
Finally, I ended July with this photo of the monsoons. The photo was too awesome to do as a plain old 4x6 so I did 8x12. Underneath, I added my Currently post from July. Again, I just copied the text and printed right onto the journaling cards. And that's that. 

Looking back now, I almost feel like July is a little bare. I have a few more photos and stories I could tell to round it out. I may go back and add a 6x12 if I do end up wanting a little bit more. 

Project Life supplies:
Binders, plastics, and 3x4 and 4x6 gridded journaling cards via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life Kit. Zig Dual Tipped Pen Black. Assorted Elise Joy stamps and printable quote cards. EK Success Metallic Writer Gold. StazOn Black Ink. Smash blank and quote pads. Freckled Fawn Colorful Dots and Woodgrain Tape. Martha Stewart and Avery Labels. Staples Date Stamp. WRMK Simply Happy Journaling Cards. Oh The Lovely Things Calendar CardsAmerican Crafts Getty letter Stickers. Various past Studio Calico Project Life Kits

Disclaimer: Project Life® is a memory keeping system creating by Becky Higgins. To see all my posts deatiling how I use her system to document our life story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment