Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Project Life 2014 | March and April

The end of the year is quickly approaching and I wanted to share the pages from my Project Life album before they come really irrelevant. I am bulk posting a few months at a time for the next couple of weeks. Most of these pages have been finished in the last few weeks with getting it documented being the name of the game. At the beginning of the year, my plan for 2014 changed to a monthly approach instead of a weekly documentation. The goal was one spread a month if not more and inserts as needed. This plan really helped me stay as up to date as possible. You can see my title page here and all Project Life posts here

Before I get into sharing these pages I wanted to note that I left a few of them out. We had a rough few months and while I did document them, I didn't feel like those things needed to be public on the internet. I will say that journaling this things and documenting those events and the feelings associated with them really helped with coping. I definitely recommend it. It adds realness to our documentation. While I won't be sharing these pages, I have shared similar documentation in this post

March
The best part of doing the monthly approach is the ability to be as detailed as you want. I had a lot of random photos from the first half of the month and nothing really told the story of our month. Instead of just adding a few photos from our friends' daughter's party at the beginning of the month, I went with almost a whole two page spread. 
The back of the first insert page, I added the photos from a wedding we attended during the middle of the month. As with most of my darker photos, I added a filter to it and called it a day. Again, I chose to be less detailed and just let the photos tell the story. I also made a journaling card about the details of the wedding. The only other embellishment was that silver monogram tag that I added with a stapler. 
The last part of the month we took a trip down to Tucson for a funeral (that page I won't be sharing). We met up with a lot of different people during our few days down there and had a lot of meals out. The page above details that. Just as the previous insert page, I used Design G. In the right hand 4x6 vertical pockets I added 3x4 photos. 
To round out the month and to sort of designate the end of Ski Season, I did a Day in the Life documentation for a typical work day for me. Pretty straight forward. I did add some "flaps" with photos with the journaling underneath. 

April
Another straightforward spread that are pretty photo heavy. The left side documents the real start of spring. The right hand side documents an annual art and music showcase we go to. The journaling card was made from a 3x4 card from an old Studio Calico kit that said "Oh the Drama" in the circle. That really doesn't fit anything I document so I covered it. In this case, I used the event's logo from a business card. I just cut it to fill in the circle. 

My April documentation includes a few more pages but most of the spreads continue to address things I don't feel need to be public in this space. There is also a spread from a Disneyland trip I took that I will be sharing next week. 

Project Life supplies:
Binder and plastics via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life Kit
Oh The Lovely Things Calendar CardsElise Joy Quote CardsStazOn Black Ink. Martha Stewart and Avery Labels. Studio Calico Antiquary Kit and Cuppa Kit. WRMK Simply Happy Journaling Cards. Gold Freckled Fawn Airmail washi tape. Zig Dual Tipped Pen Black and Ocean. Staples Date Stamp.

Disclaimer: Project Life® is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. To see all my posts deatiling how I use her system to document our life story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment