Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mockingjay: A Review

Mockingjay is the third and final book of the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. While I did not finish this book with the ease and speed of Catching Fire, I was grasped from the beginning. By far, it was my favorite of the three. You can find my reviews of the first and second here and here respectively.

I am not going to give a synopsis of the book because that would give away the ending of the first and second books. But throughout the first two books, Katniss' power and determination make it easy for the reader to forget she is just a teenager. She is just a girl thrown into unbelievably traumatic circumstances. She has seen death, pushed through unbelievable circumstances, fought for her life.

This book is more focused on a bigger picture and follows Katniss through her journey within this bigger picture. Mockingjay also shines light into what life is like for other survivors of the first two books. The resolution and conclusion of this book, and the series as a whole, completely took me aback and I love that. Others have given this book the most negative reviews, but I think that is because there was not a typical fairytale ending. Even though these books are classified as Sci-Fi, the conclusion of this series is one of the most realistic I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment