Friday, February 17, 2012

A Status Report: The Blog

This time last month I made the announcement that I was starting back at school and keeping my same hours (and sometimes more) with my current retail job. When I made that decision, I had every intention of keep the blog at its normal pace, if not trying to improve it.

So far looking back, I think I have upheld those goals. Comparatively, I had the same amount of posts in January 2012 as I did in January 2011, but with about three times as many pageviews from last year. Now, I am not a blogger that completely relies on stats, but I think using them in these kinds of situations helps. To me, it looks like I am keeping up with the goals I have set for myself. And that makes me glad! Also, I am on track to have just as many posts this month as I did last year. With new projects coming together every day, I hope to be able to share fresh content as much as possible.

One thing I have noticed is that the hours I work each week at my hourly job definitely set the pace for the rest of the week. If I have a particularly taxing couple of work days, I am not as productive at home and, consequently, on the blog either. Day in the Life really helped me see that. While my blog post about it was more focused on my typical routine, I took away some lessons about my job and how it effects my mood, my home, and our relationship. Big changes may be on the horizon!

I can look at stats and use whatever reasons I want to say that this whole school, work, and blog thing is coming together cohesively, the real indicator is the content of my posts. Forcing myself to update when I feel like garbage has resulted in garbage posts. While I still want to maintain this blog at the level it was before going back to school, I want to move my focus to posting good content. I want my blog to have posts that I want to read. I want to be able to look back and appreciate my writing and be proud of the posts I have posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment