Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fire Memory Keeping | a look back

I am part of a great community of women that are all wives, fiancees, and girlfriends of wildland firefighters. Last week, we were on the topic of documenting and/or scrapbooking the fires our husbands have done. As a result, I thought it would be fun to share what I have done in the past since most of my documentation is currently going into my Project Life albums (as shown here).

When I shared my Project Life pages with the ladies, some of them commented that they weren't so creative. Today, I am sharing pages from my 2011 Summer Minibook where my fire documentation was simply a 4x6 piece of card stock, photos, some markers, and letter stickers.
As you can see above, so very straightforward. There were a few photo collages made using PhotoShop that could easily be made using something like PicMonkey.com to get the same effect. If the photo wasn't a full 4x6, I just added it to a piece of patterned paper or card stock. 
Besides just writing about specific fire assignments, I also added in a plane ticket from his return flight from Texas, a few crew photos, an overview of his job on an Engine (first season on an engine), a map, and an envelope with letters. On the flap of the envelope is a chronological list of the names and dates of all the fires he was on that season.

So easy, and straightforward! I realize many of you aren't married to Firefighters but this approach can be used for any trip or event. You don't have to have the latest gadgets and products, spend a ton on supplies, or be the best photographer. Just jotting down your memories, and sharing your photos and memorabilia will make any project special!

Going back through that album for this post was so great. I loved the quirkiness of it. It also renewed my creativity for my Project Life albums. I am looking forward to incorporating some of those ideas into my bigger album. It was also a chance for me to see that I need to go back again and fix some posts that have broken links!

No comments:

Post a Comment