Friday, May 9, 2014

Project Life 2013 | Week 22 and 25

This past Saturday was National Scrapbook Day. I took the opportunity to really get some work done on finishing Project Life 2013. Most of these spreads had the photos for the week, I just didn't get it all pulled together. In total, I got four spreads done. Three for 2013, (two below and one to come later) and one for 2012. The one for 2012 is the week between our wedding and honeymoon and can be found in this post

Week 22: May 27 - June 2
As mentioned before, I was using all the pocket page designs offered in one of the Big Variety Packs from the Becky Higgins Amazon storefront. This week's spread has Designs C and D pages. 

 Left hand side of the spread. Again, not letting the pockets constrain what I put in. This design has six 4x6 pockets and instead of using six full size photos or cards, I mixed it up with 3x4's as well.
 Right hand side. More thinking outside the pocket with spreading photos over two pockets and adding two smaller cards to a large pocket. I also utilized labels to add small snippets of journaling.
During National Scrapbook Day Big Picture Classes had a free classroom full of tips on getting quality layouts done quickly. One tip I utilized was sticking to a color scheme. For these pages, I went with oranges, reds, and blues for the majority of the added embellishments and journaling. I didn't have too many cards within that color range that were basic so I used the silly one shown above from a Smash pad.
This other red card came with a Studio Calico kit and I really had no use for the symbol on the front. I covered it with labels to create a journalling space.

Week 25: June 17 - 23
Apologies in advanced. These photos did not turn out so great but I am going with it. This week includes the two 12x12 pages (Designs F and A), as well as a 6x12 insert page. The week also focused primarily on one fire assignment for Berkeley. I really loved this approach and it was something that sparked the idea of events based Project Life documentation for 2014.
 Whole layout spread with the insert on top of the right hand side page. The journaling was all done on 3x4 cards from the Seafoam Kit. The first half of the left hand side documents the normal Monday we had. Then the fire started. To document this assignment, I used Fire Information updates that were released to the public each evening. The photos added were those that Berkeley sent me, as well as maps.
Whole layout spread with the insert flipped over the left hand side. On the right hand side, I added in some journaling about how I was doing during Berkeley's away time with glimpses of how I pass the time and what I eat. For the whole spread, I repeated the same approach to journaling. Overall, this spread is one of the most straight forward. Just photos and journaling. 
One embellishment type thing I added was on this 4x6 in the top of the backside of the insert. This photo was taken from a NASA satellite and shows the burn scar of the fire. During the fire, NASA called and asked what the red formations around the outer edges of the fire were. Those red lines were retardant drops. The original photo was turned about 90* clockwise but I couldn't make a photo in that direction work in this layout. To help show the true direction on the fire, I added a star at the ignition point and added a compass of sorts. Other than that, I really just wanted to focus on the role fires play in our daily life together not just mine or his. Although the photos are lousy, this is one of my favorite spreads from 2013.

Project Life supplies:
Binders, plastics, and 3x4 gridded journaling cards via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life KitSeafoam Designer Paper. Zig Dual Tipped Pen Black and OceanUni-Ball White Ink Gel Pen. StazOn Black InkVersamark White Ink. Martha Stewart and Avery Labels. Staples Date StampAmerican Crafts Getty letter Stickers.

Disclaimer: Project Life® is a memory keeping system creating by Becky Higgins. To see all my posts deatiling how I use her system to document our life story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment