Wednesday, May 8, 2013

iNSD 2013: A Project Recap

No Project Life post this week. Instead, I am going to be sharing some of the projects I finished as part of National Scrapbooking Day which was Saturday. Just like last year, I followed along with the Big Picture Classes' Creative Crop. They offer a classroom with hourly prompts. I love that you have from the when the challenge goes live until Monday to submit your project. It was relaxed and fun!


Challenge #3: Summer Bucket List
This is a paper layout I did on 6x6 paper I have had for years. It was part of a Michaels Grab Bag the last time we did a major clean out of stock. Love those 1950's Buick Woodies. I added two Martha Stewart Avery labels with some chipboard letters from my stash over top. The writing is on a filler card from the Seafoam Project Life kit.


Challenge #4: Using a layout sketch
The challenge provided a layout sketch for a two page spread (12x24) with 8 different sized images. While I was in California last summer, a photographer friend, Jessica, took some photos for me. Most of them were for social networking for the blog since my previous photo was taken in a bar. There were also some fun boudoir style ones for Berkeley (that I haven't given him yet LOL). It was the first time I really had been photographed like this. I thought it was a great collection to use with the sketch provided. This was done all digitally using elements from The Lily Pad Jump for Joy collab Kit, Litabelles Designs That's Life Kit, Shabby Princess Urban Kiwi Kit, and Sahlin Studios A Wonderful Day.


 Challenge #5 and #6: Using a sketch and mix up your techniques and tools
This is an 8x10 digital layout with a landscape orientation instead of portrait. I have never done a layout using this orientation (challenge #6). I also left off my date stamp and journaled on a label instead of a card or doily. This layout also features the sketch from Lisa Day and the printable card (challenge #5). Products Used: Lisa Day Printable Card, Angie Kovacks That's Life ampersand, Paislee Press Weekender Card, Polka Dot Pix That's Life alpha, SugarPlum Paperie That's Life Label, Sahlin Studio Storyteller frames, Wishing Well Creations Veneers.



Challenge #7: Last photo on your mobile device
The challenger gave two options for this challenge. Either use a "My Last 3...." approach listing the last 3 in different categories or use a photo layout you can make on your device. My approach was taking the idea of option 2 and using one photo as the paper with the text added on using an app before saving to my computer. The title was added last. Products used: Polka Dot Pix That's Life alpha, SugarPlum Paperie That's Life Label.


Challenge #8: Using arrows to emphasize text
This was the Ali Edwards prompt for the Creative Crop. Her challenge was to use arrows between sentences or thoughts to emphasize your journaling. There was a bonus challenge of starting each statement with an -ing verb much like my Currently style posts. I took that idea and ran with it. I used the photo from the February Currently post but accidentally ended up with the text from the January post. I used a variety of different arrow styles to separate each sentence.

So there it is. My finished projects from the 2013 Creative Crop. You might be wondering where Challenges 1, 2, 9 and 10 are. Challenge #1 was a printable worksheet with a whole bunch of "I" statements. It was boring so I didn't show it here. I didn't #2. It was to add additional photo pockets to a 12x12 traditional layout. That is not a challenge for me. I do it regularly in Project Life. Lastly, my layout for 9 and 10 was horrid and I hated it.

Do you do any scrapbooking? Did you do anything for this year's iNSD? If so, leave the link. I'd love to see your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment