Jalapeño Infused Tequila
- 2 jalapeños/serrano peppers
- 1 750 ml bottle of silver tequila
- mesh sieve
- lidded container
- Cut the stems off the peppers and slice them lengthwise. Scoop out all of the seeds and slice into strips or large chunks. (It is usually a good idea to wear gloves while cutting peppers)
- Open your tequila and pour into lidded jar. Add the jalapeño.
- Replace lid and store in a cool dark place.
- Taste every 24 hours or so until you reach the desired amount of spiciness. After it's hot to your liking, strain the tequila into the pitcher and funnel it back into the bottle and toss the peppers.