Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened (NOT melted)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Then set aside.
- In a larger bowl beat together butter and both types of sugar. Beat until light and fluffy**. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until it is just combine. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly incorporated.
- Drop by the rounded "tablespoonful" on to a cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Then remove from pan and allow cookies to cool completely.
ETA: Recently I was asked what kind of cooling rack and cookie sheets I prefer to use. Right now, I don't use any specific cookie sheet, just ones that are nonstick. However, I do use the Wilton Recipe Right 3 Tier Cooling Rack set. It has three racks that can be either stacked or used alone. It was a great buy!