Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- 6 good-sized fresh jalapeño peppers
- 6 oz. pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated old cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1-1 1/2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- seasonings of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and inner membranes. *DO NOT TOUCH FACE and/or WOUNDS.* Wash hands thoroughly!
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, and preferred spices together. Fill each jalapeño half with cheese mixture. It's over if they are overflowing.
- Fill three shallow dishes. The first with flour and a little salt and pepper. The second with beaten eggs. The third with breadcrumbs. One at a time, dredge the peppers to bread them in the following order: flour, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Place breaded peppers cut side up on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350*. Serve immediately.