One thing we have really taken to making lately has been jalapeño poppers as inspired by Lindsay at From The Aisle to Aloha! I originally found her recipe via Pinterest. While her method is great, we tweaked it a little to suit our preferences. Enjoy!
Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- 1 can of Crescent roll dough
- cream cheese
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños or 1 sm can
- shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and roll out the dough. For this, I try to find the non-perforated dough and cut my own shapes. Equilateral triangles or squares work best for this. If you can only find perforated cut each triangle into two smaller triangles.
- Spread less than 1/2 a teaspoon on the dough. Place desired amount of jalapeño on the cream cheese, add a drop of hot sauce and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bring all the edges together and press the dough to seal so the filling does not ooze out.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!