Veggie Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 1-14.5 ounce can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Pepperjack
- bread crumbs, for topping
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400*. Slice the tops off of the peppers making sure to remove all of the stem and set aside. Scoop out the seeds and veins.
- Chop onion and the remaining pepper from stem. Mince garlic. Saute using a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the onions become translucent, add the mushrooms.
- When the veggies are cooked to your liking, dice stewed tomatoes and add to the mixture. Remove from heat and add rice.
- Fill each pepper half full sprinkle in shredded cheese and then continue filling each pepper. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the filling, followed by a mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan for the top crust.
- Place in a deep 9X11 pan and Cook at 400* for 30 minutes or until the pepper is soft and the filling is hot.