Monday, August 22, 2016

From Ms to Mrs | Disney Day One

Another update on my sister's mini album. If you missed my first post about this album and the supplies I'll be using, this is a 6x8 pocket style scrapbook documenting all the events that happened between my sister's engagement and her wedding day. Today I am sharing a look at our first day at the Disneyland Parks.

Yay for Disney! Okay, I know most people do not love Disney as much as I do so as a head's up, Monday's will now be the day that I am posting about this album. So if that isn't your thing, I totally understand if you want to skip to other posts. For most of these posts, I am just going to do an overview because I have been recording process videos for this album.
For this first layout of day one at the Disneyland Parks, I have a pocket page with 3x3 pockets and 2x2 pockets on the lefthand side and 4x6 pockets on the right hand side. I also used a Simple Stories 4x6 photo flip to add two more photos on the right hand side.
On the lefthand side, the top 4x6 pocket is holding a 3x4 photo layered onto a 4x4 square from the Sat Cheese II elements paper cut apart. I added two small photos and a word strip from the Say Cheese II sticker pack. The bottom photo has a banner and star from the same sticker set. On the right side, the page is two 4x4 pockets, and four 2x2 pockets. I paired photos from Tarzan's Treehouse with  a paper from the Seafoam paper pack and a printable from Sahlin Studio's Project Mouse.
The lefthand side is more Tarzan's Treehouse photos and related fillers. The right hand side is pretty simple with two 3x4's and a 4x6 from Pirates of the Caribbean.
On the lefthand side, I used the bottom pocket to hold two 3x4's instead of a 4x6. The journaling card was made by cutting down a Project Life card and layering it on some paper with a word strip from the Say Cheese II stickers. In the middle, I added another Adventure printable from Project Mouse and backed it with a photo of the Critter Country photo. The right hand side is photos from the Pooh ride and a filler card. The magic label is from the Say Cheese II bits and pieces pack.
To the lefthand page with the four 3x4 pockets, I added another 4x6 photo flip with more Pooh photos. The top journaling card was made the same as the other with a trimmed down Project Life card, patterned paper, and a word strip. The pocket in the lower right pocket has two QR codes for videos. I made these using Unitag.com. There are lots of QR code generators out there, but I like Unitag because they let you alter the look of the QR code. For these ones, I chose a gradient style with purples and grays and altered the same of the three corner "squares". Once I had the look I liked, I printed them on plain printer paper. The banner and hearts are from the Say Cheese II sticker pack.

The right hand page is a full 6x8 photo adhered to one of the "Office Basics" pages that came with the album. Right on the photo, I added a label sticker, a circle sticker and word strip from the SCII sticker pack, and some letter stickers from my stash.
To the back of the office basics page I used added two 4x6 photos and a 4x6 photo flip that holds two 3x4 photos and two 3x4 filler cards. The quote card is a printable from Project Mouse. The other has a little bit of journaling and another QR code. On the top 4x6, I added two tags layered and tied together with a bit of string.

That is it for our first day in Disneyland. Next week, I will be showing a closer look at a few spreads from our first day in California adventure. If you would like to see process videos of these pages. Be sure to check out my YouTube Channel! Below, you will find a list of supplies used.

Products Used
Simple Stories: SN@P -  6x8 Teal Burlap albumMix and Match Pack Page ProtectorsInst-Pocket Pages Variety PackPhoto Flips
Say Cheese II - Cardstock StickersBits and Pieces Ephemera Pack, 3x4 and 4x6 Elements Paper4x4 Elements Paper

Sahlin Studio: Project Mouse - Main StreetAdventure,  No. 2 AlphasFlairsAt NightCarsLeading Up to the Magic

Becky Higgins: Project Life - Seafoam Edition Main Kit and Papers



No comments:

Post a Comment