Not only did I draw an outline for this project, I also made a "mock-up" of each spread similar to my approach to organizing my Project Life album. To some, these extra steps may seem like extra work. My own husband laughs a little each time I do it. However, for me it is so helpful. For this project in particular I wanted to stick the supplies I had on hand which meant using a limited supply of 10 different styles of pocket pages.
Lastly, with my general outline figured out and waiting for my photos to arrive, I went through and put all my pages into the album in the same order as the outline. I also added in placeholders for the various inserts as well. Then when I get my photos, I just put them where they need to go. To see a flip through of how my album looks at this stage, watch the video below or head over to my YouTube channel.