Monday, July 25, 2016

From Ms to Mrs Album | Intro and Supplies

It has been quite a bit since I have shared a scrapbooking related project here. I took a little bit of a break when I lost my creative drive in 2014. For some weird reason being pregnant zapped that out of me. I finished my 2014 Project Life album but I didn't really do anything in 2015 outside of a December Daily minibook and a few random layouts here and there.

The album I am currently working on is a 6x8 wedding related album for my sister. It will mostly documenting her bachelorette trip to Disneyland and her bridal shower back in April. I'll be sharing bits and pieces over the next few weeks and hopefully will be posting a final flip through as well once she has the album in hand. Today I wanted to share supplies I will be using for this project.

The Album
For this project, I chose to try out the Simple Stories Snap system. They seem to offer the largest range of options for the 6x8 album size with lots of different albums and pocket page designs. Specifically, I got the 6x8 Teal and Burlap album which came with 10 pocket pages in 5 different designs, 8 "Office Basics" pages, and a kraft envelope page. Additionally, I ordered a second variety set of the pages that come in the album as well as the Insta-Pocket Pages Variety Pack as well.

Additional Products
We are a big Disney loving family and I used this project as an excuse to purchase a few things from Simple Stories' Say Cheese II collection and to print of some of my favorite things from Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs Project Mouse. While a bulk of this album will be the trip to Disneyland, I didn't want it to be entirely a Disney themed album since it will hold their engagement story, her bridal shower, and some of the set up of the wedding venue. None of those things were Disney themed so I wanted to be a cohesive album.

To fill in the gaps and tie the album together, I put together a kit of sorts from my stash. Originally I had pulled a bunch of stuff including Project Life supplies from various kits, old Hambly overlays, patterned papers, older stamps, and random embellishments. At the beginning of the month, there was a challenge posted in the Victoria Maria Facebook Group to work from your own kit made using a "recipe" that was shared. From that challenge I narrowed down my own kit to five patterned papers, four embellishment packs, three wood mounted stamps, two title alphas, a small alpha, and an additional item of our choosing. My additional item was the Becky Higgins Project Life Be Bright themed card set.

To get a more in-depth look at what all I have set aside to work with I recorded two videos. In the first video, I flip through the album and pages, and show off the Say Cheese II products I have. In the second, I go through the kit I made for the challenge. You can watch those videos below or on my YouTube channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment