Monday, September 14, 2015

The Best of 27!


Today is my birthday. Today will also be a pretty normal day. Just me and the baby relaxing at home while Berkeley is off fighting wildfires. Lately, I have been working on a "Best of" post that has a list of all of our favorite spots in Flagstaff and after remembering Elise Blaha Cripe's birthday posts, I thought it would be fun to do a Best of 27 post! So in honor of making another trip around the sun, I wanted to celebrate the moments and things that made 27 such a great year.

experiencing the warm fuzzes, butterflies, and all kinds of excitement seeing Berkeley the first time after finding out we were expecting Tiny Krueger.

finding the perfect pizza.

planning and hosting a bridal shower and bachelorette party in Las Vegas.

celebrating so many weddings in the last year!

sharing our big news with our close family and friends!

waking in the middle of the night dreaming of a baby blanket, making said blanket, and then wrapping the baby in it to bring him home.

seeing Tiny Krueger during the one and only ultrasound we got. It was beyond magic.

feeling the little flutter of kicks while driving up Snowbowl Rd (and every kick after that).

sitting behind the goal box at an Avalanche hockey game with Berkeley.

singing with my mom and sister along to the radio while driving to Phoenix.

dancing at the Annual Great Gatsby party.

eating dinner with "the guys" at Altitudes after Brewhaha.

finding my favorite ice cream treats in California!

being surrounded by our Fire Family as they showered our growing family!

triple date night at Charley's with the Bonesses and the (soon to be) Knights.

"weekly" visits to the midwives and their amazing support and encouragement during those final weeks.

the many, many walks around the neighborhood, downtown Flagstaff and Target.

experiencing a full moon, earthquake, torrential rains, hail and snow all in the week we were waiting on baby.

Berkeley being the best support imaginable during the 40 hours in the hospital before Teddy was born.

hearing my son cry and feeling the warmth of him squirming on my body instead of inside my body.

watching my parents trying to put together a pack n play in our living room in Flagstaff. It felt so good to have a deep belly laugh after a tense two weeks!

having a full week of just the three of us before Berkeley had to return to work.

watching the bond between Berke and Teddy grow so deep.

the morning when the baby was smiling and "talking" to Berkeley's photo on the bookcase in Flagstaff.

pulling down the driveway in California and surprising my dad for his birthday.

introducing Teddy to our California family!

pulling up to our new home, being there when Berkeley got off of work and having dinner as a family of three again.

drinking prosecco and eating homemade chocolate cake on Saturday to celebrate my birthday before Berkeley left for California.

Honestly, I think 27 was my best year yet and I cannot wait to see what 28 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment