Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Project Life 2014 | February

As I mentioned at the beginning of the year, my plan for 2014 is more of a monthly approach than a weekly approach. I am hoping for at least one spread a month if not more and inserts as needed. You can see my title page here and all 2014 Project Life posts here.
February pages include two Design A, a Design D, and half of a Design E as an insert. We had a few different events this month with only a handful of photos for each one. I used the D pocket page for those events.
 My "opening page" for this month included another Oh The Pretty Things calendar card, an Elise Joy quote card, four of my favorite photos from the month, and two journaling/filler cards from We R Memory Keepers. The loose theme for this month was love and that card for the color scheme.
 This is the first two "events" that I wanted to share. Pretty photo heavy with two journaling cards. Lots of stamping, letter stickers, and handwriting. That upper left hand pocket as two 3x4 pictures instead of a single 4x6. Straight forward. Done and Done.
 The second spread of my monthly documentation. Sorry about the lighting. This photo just shows the pages. This is where I added my documentation for fmsphotoaday, as shown below.
 The second two "events" for this month. For the top half I added all 3x4 stuff. I organized a Bingo Night and ended up with all landscape oriented photos. I added three of my favorites. Then paired it with a WRMK journaling card, a Studio Calico filler card, and a scanned/printed 3x4 of the event flyer. Lastly, I added the photos and a single journaling card about puppy sitting.
Closeup. I love being able to scan and resize ephemera to fit into pockets. It is becoming a go to for event invites and flyers.

For my Photo a Day project, I designed four 6x6 photo collages and printed them at home. I cut down a Design E pocket page for those four collages and put them in. No muss, no fuss.
This is the last page of the month. Again, I went with a few favorite photos from the month including a panoramic shot of the sunset on Valentines/AZ Statehood Day. It was gorgeous. The top two photos are from the first of February and the twenty eighth. The weather had been so mild for February and that was the overall story for this page. The journaling is on a ledger style card with a weather app screenshot. Also included was a 3x4 with two 2x3 images with a banner on it about running. 

The last little part of the page is a flip up. Berkeley has a habit of taking weird photos of himself with my iPod Touch. He averages 1 a week. This particular one happened to pop up after I took the photo I took for him of me in a new ear warmer headband. We are ridiculous and I love it! 

So that is my documentation of February in Project Life. 

Project Life supplies:
Binder and plastics via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life KitSeafoam Designer Paper. EK Success Metallic Writer Silver. StazOn Black Ink. Martha Stewart and Avery Labels. Studio Calico Antiquary Kit and Cuppa Kit. WRMK Simply Happy Journaling Cards. Freckled Fawn Colorful Dots TapeZig Dual Tipped Pen Black. Uni-Ball White Ink Gel Pen. Staples Date Stamp.

Disclaimer: Project Life® is a memory keeping system creating by Becky Higgins. To see all my posts deatiling how I use her system to document our life story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment