Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Project Life 2013 | Weeks 12-14

While I am waiting to order my photos for the last few months, I have been putting finishing touches on my 2012 and 2013 albums (part of my 2014 intentions). A few times this month, I will be sharing a look at those finished pages here. Today, I am sharing weeks 12-14 of 2013. 

Week 12: March 18 - 24
In 2013, I was still using all the different pocket page styles from the Big Variety Pack. This spread included the style with 4 6x6inch square pockets and the standard Design A. 

 A better part of my week was spent babysitting my friend's two nieces. To respect their privacy, I only included photos that didn't show their whole faces. We spent lots of time watching Brave, playing Brave, and telling stories similar to Brave, so I used a screenshot from the movie as the "title card" for the week. I took advantage of some of the white space on the photos to journal our time and activities together.
The rest of the spread has photos of the little details from the week. The right hand side of the spread also has two cards with "hidden journaling". One contains deeper thoughts about baby-sitting the girls. The other was about our everyday life at home. Both were made with two 3x4 cards attached with washi tape. Done and done. 

Week 13: March 25 - 31
I had a lot of photos I wanted to include in a specific order. I turned to a few favorite "techniques". I split 4x6 photos across two 3x4 pockets and placed two 3x4s in 4x6 pockets. I know other people don't like the way it looks but i love it. 
 Instead of making sure I had a balance of photos from the whole week, I focused on photos from two specific days. Sunday was Easter, so that was a no brainer for the right hand side of the spread.
The other day was a random day of the week. We just so happened to have a lot going on that day. I included a single journal card. I journaled around the circle with the details of a random Wednesday.

Week 14: April 1 - 7
This particular week included a Day in the Life documentation. More about the right hand side featuring my Day in the Life can be found in this post.
For the left hand side of the spread, I added in three intention inserts and a filler card. The first is a geotag card from Laura Kate is Crafty on which I wrote down some lat/long coordinates for an adventure we took. I added in a map card that I embroidered the route of said adventure. Next to it is a print out of a tweet.

Again, done and done. I am really trying not to get wrapped up in super technical approaches and focusing on documenting memories.

Project Life supplies:
Binders, plastics, and 3x4 gridded journaling cards via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life Kit. Zig Dual Tipped Pen BlackUni-Ball White Ink Gel Pen. Assorted Elise Joy stamps. Laura Kate is Crafty See the World cards. StazOn Black Ink. Recollections Washi Tape. Martha Stewart and Avery Labels.

Disclaimer: Project Life® is a memory keeping system creating by Becky Higgins. To see all my posts deatiling how I use her system to document our life story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment