Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Project Life {5}: Documenting Day in the Life


Day in the Life during Week 15 of 2013 Using Design B

After taking all my photos on Saturday, I didn't really have a lot to say about Sunday. Nothing particularly awesome or noteworthy happened. It was just a run of the mill Sunday. I was also lacking on stories I wanted to tell from the rest of the week and was able to get everything onto the first page of the spread. I was left with a whole page just for Day in the Life if I wanted. And I did want it.

I hardly ever see people use this style of pocket page while looking at the projects done by DT members and other "scrap celebs". This one is a personal favorite. It is probably because I don't let the divisions limit which photos I am using.

As you can see above, I went with 11 3x4 landscape oriented photos and a 3x4 card. I picked the photos that told the story the best and simply added them in order. For the top 3 4x6 sized pockets, I put the photos on a scrap paper. That way it is easier to get them both in the pocket and prevents them from sliding down.


First my idea for documenting the day was to just fill out this currently card from the SeaFoam kit. I used my standby Zig dual tipped pen and just jotted down the times and "activity" throughout the day. I wrote it fast and while watching a movie so there are some typos but that is okay for me.

I played the arrangement of the photos and the card a few times. I just wasn't happy with it. Then I realized that it was just a page of photos. I decided to add kraft circles to the photos with timestamps and one or two words. After adding those, it seemed more cohesive and finished.

There is the completed page one last time.

Project Life supplies: Binders, plastics, and 3x4 gridded journaling cards via the Becky Higgins Amazon StorefrontSeafoam Project Life Kit. Zig Dual Tipped Pen BlackUni-Ball White Ink Gel Pen.

More Project Life posts can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment