I also realized, I have been getting caught up with needing to have the best recipes, the newest and most unique recipes, with stellar photos. For the last year or so, I have been forgetting that I originally started this blog to have documentation of all the random and delicious things I come up with in the kitchen. A place to share the hilarious stories about my failed experiments. Somewhere along the line I forgot that.
|Served with a baked chicken thigh|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups broth or water
- 1 (approx 14-15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 cup corn niblets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and butter to a deep sided pan or a medium to large sized pot. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Add all the other ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper if desired and served.