- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 6 crackers
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. freshly ground espresso
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground espresso
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and an 8x8 inch cake pan by brushing it with melted butter and then lining it with a piece of parchment paper with a little bit of overhang.
- Prepare the crust by pulsing crackers, oats, espresso, and cocoa powder in a food processor. In a separate bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar. Add the graham cracker mixture to the sugar and then add butter. Mix together by hand.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for about 8 – 10 minutes until slightly browned. When the crust is done, let it cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. If you want to speed the cooling along, stash it in the fridge or even freezer for a short time.
- Place 6 oz of chocolate in a medium size bowl. GENTLY heat the whipping cream and ground espresso to boiling. Strain out the grounds then add the boiling cream to the bowl with the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Then start stirring in one direction with a whisk until it combines and all the chocolate is melted. It will look smooth and shiny.
- Smooth ganache over cooled crust and sprinkle with sea salt. Chill until hardened. The bars will lift out of the pan using the parchment. Cut into squares using a serrated knife and serve!