Instead of cooking chicken and then making the chili, I decided to come up with something that could be made all at once in the Crockpot so I wouldn't get my sick germs all over it. This is one of those recipes where you just throw everything into the Crockpot and let it sit for hours. It makes all the magic happen!
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 2 cans Northern beans or White Beans, drained
- 8 oz corn kernels, undrained
- 8 oz chopped green chilies
- 15 oz chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons red Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon green Chili Powder (can be left out if you can't find it or add more red)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- hot sauce to taste
- Place chicken on the bottom of the crockpot. Pour whole can of corn, beans, and green chilies over the chicken. Add broth.
- Mix in salt, chili powders, and garlic. Place entire brick of cream cheese on top. Cover with lid.
- Heat on low for 6+ hours. Blend cream cheese in. Chicken should be very tender and easy to shred. Stir to fully incorporate all ingredients and serve
- Optional: Before serving, taste and add hot sauce for more spice. I always end up adding a few shakes of Tapatio because we like spice!