Friday, January 11, 2013

Project Life 2013

Last year I started doing Project Life. I like the promise of ease. I like the idea that in the divided plastics the largest pocket was 6x6. I like that I really did not need to put together a 12x12 layout to make a scrapbook.

For most of the year I kept up with it. I relied on Persnickety Prints, Shutterfly, and a local processor to get all of my photos done this year. It did mean waiting to fill in with photos but the other pockets were up to date every 2-3 weeks. Right now, my two albums sit waiting for the last bit of photos fill then before I call 2012 done. I really did not document it here because trying to take the photos and blog about is time consuming and I felt there were more important things to blog about.

Due to the ease of the system and the fact that we got a new printer for christmas, I am in for 2013. Last year, I just purchased the binders and plastics. This year I am experimenting with a core kit. Here is a look at what I have ordered for Project Life 2013.

This year I am going with the White Signature Binder and the Seafoam Core Kit. Obviously, if you have been reading here for any length of time, you know I am a big Elise Blaha Cripe fan. The Seafoam Edition is her creative baby. I have been lusting after the kit since it was announced! In fact, this kit is what made me reconsider using a core kit. 

Before, I was a cynic and thought that it's not needed and I'll just use my own papers. While it is perfectly doable using your own stash, it was so time consuming looking for the right papers and then cutting it all down to the right sizes. The other aspect of core kits that made me turn my nose up was the colors! They weren't horrible colors, the designs just were not me or us. So I did a happy dance when Becky, Elise and Mer Tilton (Elise's helper, an awesome designer, and an overall rad chick {we met at the Teahouse Workshop}) announced this kit. 

That is what Project Life will look like for me this year. Since we do have that new printer, I am hoping to get a few more shots of at least some of my favorite weeks posted here

How about you? Do you participate in Project life? If so, what products do you use?

sidenote: All photos in this post are from Becky Higgins LLC via her site and Amazon. Also, I am in no way affliated with Becky Higgins, Elise Blaha Cripe, Mer Tilton, or Project Life on a business level. I did not get paid for this post (in fact I paid for everything listed above) and as always, the above opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment