I try to stick with the classics for Christmas. Now that it is Berkeley and I, we make a list of our favorite holiday dishes and go from there. The list always has the great GBC on it. This is the way I was taught to make this dish. It is similar to the Kraft recipe that you can find on the back of soup cans and frenched onion containers but it has a few tweaks.
The Great GBC
adapted from Kraft
8 to 10 servings
- 27oz (or 2 cans drained) French-cut green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1can (2.8 oz.) French fried onions, divided
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine green beans, condensed soup, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and half of the onions in 1-1/2-qt. casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine remaining cheese and onions. Set aside.
- Once oven is heated, bake for 30 minutes. Top casserole with remaining cheese and onion mixture. Bake 5 more minutes.