Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog Maintenance, Therein, Such as, and the Like


Things are going to be mostly quiet here for a few days after the coming weekend. The blog needs some behind the scenes upkeep. Normally, those types of projects are done on the weekend. As we are currently on the road to Phoenix to participate in The Color Run 5k for Arizona, it can't really be done this weekend.

When I get back and recover, I will be getting to work to fix past posts that no longer have photos. I was looking up past recipe and noticed, starting around the middle of 2011, there are lots of posts where the photos are no longer there. It will be a slightly tedious process since we switched to new Macs over the summer and my info though backed up was not transferred.

Also, you may have noticed on a few posts the default Blogger commenting platform was used instead of the Intense Debate comment form I had been using. I am not sure how it happened. You can still comment on those posts using a Google account, OpenID, or anonymous. I have been looking into alternatives, or reverting back to that original Blogger commenting platform. I have had enough of Intense Debate's shenanigans and general non-user-friendly-ness.

While I am at it, I may even update the general appearance of the blog itself. We will see. I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment