Panko Crusted Parmesan Chicken
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced/crushed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour the panko crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper onto a plate, mix until well combined.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Mix the egg, mustard, and garlic together then rub evenly all over each chicken breast. This can be done ahead of time.
- Roll each chicken breast in the panko mixture until coated really well. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Let the meat rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
As mentioned above, this variation is use with our take on Chicken Parmigiana. You can serve it up with or without the chunk of Mozzarella cheese melted on top. If you wanted to add the cheese, place the cheese on top of the breast and broil to melt, then add to your pasta. We just serve the breast on top of the pasta with a little smear of sauce on top.