Friday, November 2, 2012

Cinnamon Bun Waffles

As more and more people get on Pinterest, the more awesome things we seem to come across. One of the things we tried out most recently is Cinnamon Bun Waffles! Essentially, all you do is get Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls, and put them on the waffle iron and you are set to go. Since I just saw this on Pinterest and did not use a recipe, I am just going to show the pictures and talk about how they turned out.



We have a small Presto waffle iron without a timer. I plugged it in and let the iron warm up. I sprayed it with flour baking spray, then dropped the roll right onto the iron with one roll on each quarter of the waffle iron. I made sure clamp the top of the iron down hard and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The rolls we used were Pillsbury Grands Hershey's Cinnamon Rolls. We covered them with the provided chocolate icing.

It was extremely simple and a lot faster than waiting for the over to heat so that we could bake the rolls. They tasted just as they should with the added crunch of waffles. Besides the icing, they were super easy to eat and could be a great alternative for making cinnamon rolls for a sleepover or holiday get together like Christmas morning! This is one of those tricks that I cannot wait to use when I go back to visit my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment