Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wedding Wednesday//Dress Shopping pt 2


This past Thursday I purchased my dress! I spent two hours in the car driving down to the bridal shop and met up with one of my best friends. This time around I brought the shoes I will be wearing on our wedding day. I actively looked at veils. And for some reason, this time around I felt truly like a bride! The shoes, the veil, the dress! I am so excited. This day trip definitely lit a fire back into me and I am really happy to be wedding planning again. And just for kicks a cheesy picture!

In the last installment of wedding dress shopping, I showed the four dresses I hated the most. In this one, I will show two of the three that were in the final running for  the designation of "The Dress". Disclaimer: These pics are from March and again, please pay no mind to my horrible hair that had been rained on and touched A LOT.

One of the first dresses I tried on and liked was this Strapless Organza Ball Gown.

Dress styleStrapless Organza Ball Gown with Vertical Ruffle Detail
David's Bridal Style WG 3118
Description: Ruched strapless bodice is supportive and flattering. Waist is accented with a jeweled belt detail. Ruffled organza ball gown adds volume with a chapel train.
My Thoughts: I originally picked this dress to try on because of the skirt. I love the ruffle detail and the volume it creates without being too heavy or too full. Also, the bodice looked to be very flattering. I put the dress on and I felt like I was corseted up. Everything seemed sucked up and barricaded by the internal boning. Also it pushed my boobs up to my chin. The jeweled belt was a great little touch of bling. While I liked the definition it gave me, the biggest problem was the weight. All of those layers of ruffled organza were really heavy.

The second dress that was a big contender is from the Vera Wang White collection at David's Bridal. I have been lusting after this dress for over a year now.

Dress style: Ball Gown with Asymmetrical Draped Bodice
David's Bridal VW351007
Description: Strapless taffeta gown with an asymmetrically draped bodice with a scooped neckline and a full ball gown tulle skirt with a modern cathedral length train. 
My Thoughts: Like I mentioned above, I have been coveting this dress. From the moment I saw this dress online, I thought it was the dress I was going to be walking down the aisle in. The draping, the tulle, the neckline were all pluses in my book. It was quite ethereal. And what I wanted was something light, but with some volume. From all of the pictures, I thought that is what I had found in this dress. In the end, the volume in the skirt of this dress was too much. I read somewhere that these dresses come with over 100 yards of tulle in the skirt. Again, that is a lot of weight. Lastly, the bodice was draped in a way that was not too flattering and I felt like this accentuating my problem areas. 

With that, dress shopping is done. My dress for the big day is on order and it is just a waiting game. As soon as it comes in, I'll need to do a fitting so that I can get it hemmed. Other than that we only have a few more things left to cross of the list and then we are home free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment