Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding Wednesday//Six months!

Last week was the official 6 month mark! Only 6 more months to get everything planned and squared away for one of the biggest parties of our lives! I cannot believe April has passed and May is here.

According to the wedding websites and books and everything else, here is everything we need to have completed by May:
  • Book your caterer. Begin working on a menu.
  • Book your photographer. 
  • Reserve blocks of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests. 
  • Search for a wedding stationer. 
  • Search for a rentals supplier if you need to rent chairs, chair covers, a tent, etc. 
  • Book your band. 
  • Book your DJ. 
  • Select your wedding dress and place the order. 
  • Book your invitations vendor. 
  • Book your ceremony musician.
Where to begin with that list! Every time I see the word "BOOK" all I can think about is dollar signs. All of those dollar signs are really starting to freak me out. On this particular list I can say we have like 3.5 done. To be specific we have begun working on our menu, but that needs to be finished before we can put the deposit in for the caterer. We have a pretty good idea of the rentals we need. We have a band picked out and a ceremony musician. Also, my wedding dress is picked, I just need to find the time to get down to Phoenix to order it!

As for the rest of the list, we are still waiting to hear whether our photographer is back from the Himalayas. I have emailed the representative from the hotel multiple times for a block. Still no word. I am pretty sure we don't particularly need a stationer and an invitations vendor. I am assuming that is one in the same since we aren't doing assigned seating or anything like that. Lastly, we are still searching for a DJ.

Overall, I think it is all coming together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment