Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sparkle

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.
-Elisabeth Kübler Ross
Here I am, a little over four months into One Little Word and keeping at it. Sparkle has been popping up here and there. Sparkle has been showing itself just when I need it. And boy have there been times when I really needed it. Like I mentioned previously, I am in Ali Edward's class and I do work on some of the monthly prompts, but a lot of times they just don't fit into what I want to accomplish with this journey. I want to live this word, not just scrapbook it.

I am sure you dedicated readers/subscribers have noticed another lull in posting. I apologize. Here is where living my word comes into play. The past week was quite rough at work. I cannot go into too much detail, but I will say that people made promises to me and essentially lied and those promises were broken. Coupled with the fact that I have worked 5 of the 7 days since the incident, I have been down. I feel like I am just emotionally and physically down.

I woke up today determined to sparkle. To let my attitude be unaffected by the recent developments. I want to embody a glittering, shining personality. I love working with people conceptualizing their projects. I love helping people learn about new tools for trying new types of creating. That is what makes my job fun! Now to remember that and rise above the crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment