Monday, February 27, 2012

Dec Daily pt 2.

Here is the next little installment of what I did with my December Daily. It is only a few pictures for now. I am having trouble finding a good place with natural lighting for taking pics without my flash.

Day nine, we went to cut down our own Christmas tree.The first page is just the backside of the red paper I used for journaling on the previous page. I love the bear print. On the other side of the tab is a large envelope. I added the slip of paper from our advent calendar and adhered it with Recollections gold glitter tape.

The envelope was the perfect page for this day. I added all sorts of stuff inside which is partially why I left the spread pretty plain.Inside the envelope I added the map of the cutting area, a picture of our tree, a card with journaling on it and our tag for the tree. I love this little capsule of tree related stuff. I hope to have a little envelope like this every year.

The last spread of this post probably took me the longest. I didn't know how I wanted to use the back of the envelope. Since I have plans of making more tree envelopes, maybe one day I will put all of them in an album and I didnt want too much of day ten to impede with that idea if it ever happens.
The grey envelope just sat undecorated until I came across some clearanced adhesive borders. The adhesive on there was not as strong as I would have liked so I used my tape runner to add some more durability. While the decoration wasn't nailed down, I did have the journaling done. The pen is American Crafts Slick Writers. The tab is Recollections glitter paper with discontinued silver Thickers.

Hoping for more posts later this week! Again here is the list of the supplies I used.




No comments:

Post a Comment