Savory French Toast
- 4 thick slices of beer bread
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 2 eggs
- freshly grated parmesan
- unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a small shallow baking dish. Arrange bread in 1 layer in dish (it's important that your bread only just fit in the dish).
- Whisk together milk, egg, and a little salt and fresh pepper. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Press the bread lightly to help absorb egg mixture. Let stand until fully absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
- Dot with butter and bake, uncovered, until puffy and golden, 20-25 minutes.