While yeast bread itself isn't too frightening, I really just can't seem to get it right or any recipe that calls for yeast at 7500ft! Plus, I was too impatient to deal with kneading and waiting for dough to rise. Beer has the active yeast already in it. No need to knead or rise.
No Knead Beer Bread
adapted from honestfare.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 12oz can PBR
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Sift well with fork. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed, but don’t over mix (best to just use your hands). Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Melt butter and drizzle across top of dough. I added cracked pepper and salt to the top as well.
- Bake for about 40 or so minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.Bake time will vary with beer type.