adapted from Cara's Cravings
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained, rinsed
- 1/4 c all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste (I just blend chili powder and garlic cloves to a paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel the outer skin from the chickpeas.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
review: I like it but the peanut flavor is quite strong. This may be due to chunky peanut butter. I think the extra chunks of peanuts made the flavor more intense. I think smooth peanut butter would be a change. I was hoping for a more pumpkin/ tradition hummus blend so next time I'll bump up the pumpkin. This is definitely something to work on. Definitely delicious, but not what I was expecting!