Thursday, December 15, 2011

Little Things: Thursdays with Gretta

Back in August I started babysitting Ms Gretta Z. Every Thursday from 10 to 4, me and this little miss have been hanging out, learning, exploring and growing. In all my time as a nanny I have never spent so much time with someone her age that was as inquisitive and eager as she is. It has been a blessing to get to know this sweet girl in such a way.

Unfortunately this Thursday was my last Thursday with Gretta. Winter break is approaching and in the spring I'll be taking a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Of course, I will still see her on Sundays at church and random get togethers but nothing will be the same as the 15 Thursdays we had together this fall! Over the past four months, I have been there for lots of painful teeth coming in, the stomach flu, and baby fits of rage. But I have also been there to see her slowly gain her confidence in walking, and start learning new words. Even the roughest days were made better when she showed her vibrant smiling face! I will definitely miss the one on one time with her.

On a side note, I was bundled up on the couch at 6:45am, with the MacBook in my lap. BK looks over and I am giggling, sobbing, and smiling all at the same time. After about 30 seconds of looking at me, he says "You're reading Elise's blog aren't you?" It is little moments when Berkeley knows exactly what I doing/reading/thinking based on the little things in my demeanor he is observing/hearing. What garnered all of these mixed emotions you might ask? Well it was this post by Elise on celebrating her husband's birthday while he is deployed. And I'll end with this quote from her post: "It's such a little thing. But DUDE, have we not established that the little things are the biggest things?"

Linking up with Lindsay's "It's the Little Things".
Aisle to Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment