- 8oz fresh cranberries
- 1/4 C green onion, chopped
- 1 medium or small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 t Chili powder
- 2 T lemon juice
- dash salt
- Chop the cranberries and green onion (for this I just used a food processor). You can also do it with a kitchen knife. Add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Slice open and de-seed the jalapeno. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE OR FRESH WOUNDS! It is helpful if you wear kitchen gloves during this part. Chop the jalapeno and add it to the bowl (I used food processor for this as well after the seeds are gone).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well and cover.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the sugar to mix with the cranberry. Then enjoy!
- Serve just as you would tomato based salsa in a bowl with tortilla chips.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over a platter and spread salsa over. Serve with crackers.
- Use as a salad garnish.