Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cranberry Salsa and Cream Cheese Spread

After seeing similar recipes on Pinterest and other blogs, I tried my hand at my making this party dip. I am so glad I went with it and came out with a great cracker dip that is both vibrant in color and in flavor. The ingredients come together to form layers of tangy, sweet, spicy deliciousness! It is so quick and so easy to throw together the afternoon before company comes over. And let me tel you, it was a hit with the guests the past weekend!

Cranberry Salsa
ingredients:
  • 8oz fresh cranberries
  • 1/4 C green onion, chopped
  • 1 medium or small jalapeno pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1/2 t Chili powder
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • dash salt
procedure:
  1. Chop the cranberries and green onion (for this I just used a food processor). You can also do it with a kitchen knife. Add to a medium mixing bowl.
  2. Slice open and de-seed the jalapeno. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE OR FRESH WOUNDS! It is helpful if you wear kitchen gloves during this part. Chop the jalapeno and add it to the bowl (I used food processor for this as well after the seeds are gone).
  3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well and cover.
  4. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the sugar to mix with the cranberry. Then enjoy!
serving suggestions:
  • Serve just as you would tomato based salsa in a bowl with tortilla chips.
  • Spread cream cheese evenly over a platter and spread salsa over. Serve with crackers.
  • Use as a salad garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment