Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December Daily Attempt

So I started a Holiday 2011 Minibook and at the last possible minute I decided that in the middle of the Holiday Minibook, I am going to attempt December Daily. For those that have no clue what I am talking about, (if I remember correctly) it is a scrapbooking kit made by Studio Calico based on Ali Edwards' documenting one story from each day of December. I first learned about it from reading Ali Edwards' blog this past summer and you can click this link to find out more about it and see what she has been doing with this project since 2008.

The last two nights I have been messing with the stitched mixed paper book from Elise's etsy shop to add in foundation pages for December Daily. Finally I settled on just cutting down scrapbooking papers and adding them in. Since I don't know exactly if I will keep up with it daily I just did the first 3 pages with numbers and then put in the other pages bare.

The first three and last two pages are somewhat different from the other 20 pages. I used a silver tag for the into to December Daily. Day two is a Recollections brand foil paper. Day 3 is a darker green scalloped page that had come in another mixed paper book from Elise's shop. I picked that one specifically for the third because it is Berkeley's birthday. The rest of the days are a mixture of the same foil paper used for day 2, a lime green dot glitter page, a peppermint candy glitter page and a plain red cardstock all from Recollections as well as a green and white dotted page from a paper pad by Me & My Big Ideas.

As I complete these pages, I will update here similar to how I had done for NYC, most likely on Mondays again.

No comments:

Post a Comment