Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Elise Joy Mini Book Workshop

I am currently rounding out the last little bit of packing so that we can head to Berkeley, California for a two day minibook workshop given by Elise Blaha. I am really amped for this workshop. It will be my first official class-like setting for paper crafting and I am going big. On the right is the workshop banner put together by Teahouse Studio. P.S. you can still sign up!

While the class fees themselves were not bad, the travel is really what will hit the pocketbook. Berkeley, California is roughly 700 miles from our quaint abode here in Flagstaff and is nestled in the hills and definitely has a urban setting making accommodations in the city quite pricey. To cut down on costs, I will be driving in from my parent's place (free lodging!!) and then using the BART to get to class each day. I am definitely excited for the adventure!

I have been familiar with Elise's work for roughly a year now after seeing her projects/work pop up in various searches, but I did not start reading her blog until January when I became inspired by her DIY wedding projects. As I slowly became more wrapped up in paper crafting, Elise's blog has been my go to place for inspiration and really great tutorials too! She is pretty much AWESOME!

We haven't decided yet if Berke will join me in the evenings for any additional fun but I am hoping to have a lot more skills under my belt and two new minibooks in the works at the end of all this! Also, I am sure you already guessed it, this mini vacay will probably result in a lack of posting over the weekend. On the upside, we will talk Save the Dates, and venue bookings on Wedding Wednesday!

Before we head out on this great trip, I want to give a shout out to one of my trip sponsors! Wedding planning has us strapped in good with our finances so it was awesome to have some people out there willing to contribute to the growth and encouragement of different types of art!

Just as the banner says, these two talk about a little bit of everything under the sun. From tequila tastings, restaurant reviews, and sweets to artist retreats and refurbishing their 100 year old house, they cover it all. And we over here at YGFASings love it all, especially their travel tales and tech talk! Please be sure to check out their Podcast and leave them some love!
If you feel like working on your own magic? This weekend there is a Michaels coupon for 25% off your entire purchase, including sale items available for Friday 11/11 and Saturday 11/12! Check it out and visit your local Michaels to get your supplies for projects! See you all next week. Feel free to follow this weeks coming and goings via Facebook and/or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment