Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Goals

The past few years my dedication and focus has been on school, grades, and learning. I rarely had the time to really develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Those years were like a rollercoaster of weight loss and gain, and lots of late nights and poor food choices. Now that I have time to focus on me, I am slowly getting back to the healthier me.

To aid in the this quest, I have been creating goals for my summer. These have been small/easily attainable things. Some of the goals aren't entirely for health promotion, but all of them will be for the betterment of me/the company/the blog. So far I have four small goals:
  • Drink 100 oz per day
  • Eat more fruit
  • Finish Mnt Elden Lookout Trail
  • Conquer 2/3 of the current FBL
See? Told you! Small little things that are easily attainable. I have been tracking my first 2 goals daily. It keeps me going and makes me proud to see how well I am going. The hiking up Elden has been going well. The first trip up we didn't go very well. I posted about it here.

The first week of July, Berkeley went with us on our second attempt. We got the parking lot around 7:30 in the morning. We wanted to get an early start to beat the heat and before the monsoons started. This time of year they normally start around late afternoon.

The three of us made it over 3/4ths of the way to the top. That Friday, the weather was not on our side. Roughly an hour into the hike, it started sprinkling. By the time we got to our highest point, the rain was really coming down and the clouds were gathering at the top of the mountain. Our monsoons are accompanied by lots of electricity and Mount Elden is one of the most frequently struck places in town. Once we started counting the storm about a mile away, we turned around.
I am thinking that of the 6 miles, we did 4.5 miles. We were less than a mile from the top. It was kinda sad. Once the weather cools a little more, we are going to try again. Hopefully, the third time is the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment