Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blogiversary Dinner!


For our delayed first Blogiversary I made my "signature dish" Chicken Enchilada Casserole. This post is gonna walk through my favorite dish and there will be a separate post with the official recipe.

We started with a few chicken breasts and set them up in the Crockpot with some seasonings and broth. They cooked for 4-6 hours.


When ready, the breasts were shredded and mixed with the small amount of the verde sauce.

Next comes the layering of the casserole. First layer was tortillas, then green chili sauce, chicken, cheese and lastly a drizzle of verde enchilada sauce. Then repeat until the dish is full.
The top was finished off with some small strips of tortilla and put in the oven for 25-30 minutes. At the end you get a ooey gooey casserole with a crunchy tortilla topping. It is wonderful!
As I have been exploring the bounds of Pinterest, I have come across a great deal of summer recipes I am so excited to try. I am stepping outside of my normal zone and exploring some great things to come throughout this month.

Also, thank you again for all of the support and patience throughout it all. As the move-in progresses and the kitchen gets finished, I will be sharing more and more culinary experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment