Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts or a small rotisserie chicken
- 20-30 small corn tortillas
- 8oz sour cream
- 8oz cream cheese
- 8oz can of green chilies
- 2 c. shredded cheese
- 16oz verde enchilada sauce
- Cook chicken in whichever manner you prefer. Once cooked, shred and mix with 1/2 c. enchilada sauce. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream and green chilies together. This will be a thick mixture.
- Grease the casserole dish and line the bottom with tortillas. Spread 1/3 of the green chili mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle shredded chicken over top, followed by the cheese.
- Drizzle 1/2 c. of enchilada sauce over the layers. And repeat the layering process for three layers total of each ingredient.
- Top the final layer with small pieces of tortilla. Cover with foil and bake. After 20 minutes remove foil and cook 5-10 minutes until the top is golden brown.