Spicy Chicken and Pumpkin Enchiladas
- 1-2lbs chicken (we used roughly 6 tenderloins)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 drops cayenne pepper sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Season chicken with your favorite seasonings. I used salt, cracked black pepper, and green chili powder. Cook chicken thoroughly, dice and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, add pumpkin, garlic, chili powder, pepper sauce, 2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- After chicken is cooked, saute onions until translucent. Add diced chicken and heat through.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole with the pumpkin mixture. Roll chicken and onion mixture in tortillas and place the tortillas seam side down.
- Pour remaining pumpkin over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Lastly, because of the high cooking temp, check to the sauce to make sure it is not drying out. If so either add a few tablespoons of water to the sides of the pan, or turn down your oven!