Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lopez Rice Pudding

When I first got the book of family recipes, I knew that I wanted to keep some of these recipes in the family and not blast them all over the internet. I know, greedy, right?! As part of my donation to Dishing for Dana, I shared one of my favorite comfort food recipes. In hopes of encouraging you all to donate as well, I am gonna share that recipe here as well.

Lopez Rice Pudding
ingredients:
  • 2 cups uncooked rice
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 gal. and 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • cinnamon
instructions:
  1. Cook the rice uncovered until the water is gone. Add milk and sugar.
  2. Simmer uncovered until the milk has thickened and the rice is done.
  3. Stir in vanilla and transfer to casserole dish.
  4. Sprinkle cinnamon over the entire mixture. This can be refrigerated or left on the counter to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment