Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 14, 2011

The craziness has died down a little and I can finally do a full Happy Homemaker Monday!




The weather in my neck of the woods:
Temps seem to be warming up. There have been a few chilly days with harsh winds, but we seem to be on the up and up.

Things that make me happy:
Waking up in the middle of the night needing water and knowing BK always has some for me.

Book I'm reading:
Spain: Root & Flower by John A. Crow
Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner
The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin

What's on my TV today:
Video games. Usually I don't like it, but BK and I got each other video games for V-Day.

On the menu for dinner:
TBD. BK said he is taking us out for dinner tonight

On my To Do List:
Overall picking up around the house.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I am planning on trying some Red Velvet Cake treats soon.

In the craft basket:
Etsy projects, refurbishing a vintage memo board.

Looking forward to this week:
Spending time with BK as always!

Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned:
Don't wait for a holiday or some special event to tell the special people in your life who much you care about them and how important they are to you!

My favorite blog post this week:
I have been following Elise Blaha's blogs ever since I started scouring the web for good wedding blogs. Not only do I love the ideas she incorporated into her own wedding, she makes gorgeous paper stuffs. Today, on this day of love, she posted a lovely list of things she loves in a post entitled Today, I love.

Blog Hopping:
The Broke ass Bride is a website blog dedicated to providing readers with awesome ideas on a budget, how-tos and tips. The blog also shows pictures and provides stories and sometimes the expenditure of real very beautiful, but budget friendly weddings.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


On my mind:
Just how much I miss my family. We plan on heading to California to see my family during Spring Break. The closer it gets the more I seem to long for home.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"For those who may not find happiness to exercise religious faith, it's okay to remain a radical atheist, it's absolutely an individual right, but the important thing is with a compassionate heart -- then no problem" Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment