Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 17

It has been another week of down time with BK. I simply enjoy having these days with him where we can just sit and talk while watching movies together. Being only a few inches apart most of the day sharing with each other and laughing. I love that we can just coexist in the same room without having to be completely dependent on each other for entertainment for every minute/hour of everyday. I love how content we are with just being with one another. I think it is a great sign as to how our future is gonna be.



The weather in my neck of the woods:
The past few days and for the next few days it is gonna be in the high 40's and low 50's. Nice change compared to last year's blizzard on that started this same day a year ago where we got close to 52 inches of snow in less than 48 hours.

Things that make me happy:
Spending time with the honey just being us.

Book I'm reading:
Spain: Root & Flower by John A. Crow

What's on my TV today:
Grey's Anatomy, The Losers

On the menu for dinner:
We had Subway subs for a late lunch/dinner since I was working most of the day. Later tonight there will probably be a few slices of turkey breast for a snack.

On my To Do List:
Unpack the NYC luggage, write out spring semester schedule, do laundry. I really, really, really need to finish unpacking our clothes from the NYC trip. Everything that is in there are items that are part of our more fancier clothing options and need to be taken the to dry cleaners so it hasn't been a priority. The suitcase itself is taking up too much space in my office though.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I still need to try this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. I am such a slacker lately.

In the craft basket:
Shadow box, vintage "LOVE" project.

Looking forward to this week:
School is starting tomorrow which is nice.... kinda. I am excited to get the ball rolling towards the completion of my degree!

Tips and Tricks:
I am on a quest to grow my hair to great lengths. I want long beautiful locks, especially on my wedding day. I have been researching and reading reviews of products for deep conditioning. While reading I came across a few things I have never heard of before.
First, when washing your hair, never use hot water because it can damage hair and injure the scalp, thus inhibiting hair growth. I also learned that deep conditioners can be made at home using household items like mayonaise, eggs and avocado. I look forward to sharing my hair growing ventures on here as well.

My favorite blog post this week:
I am not sure if I have a favorite this week since I haven't done very much posting/reading this week.

Blog Hopping:
15 minute lunch is a new blog I have stumbled upon.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

So technically, this is four photos, but this the Shutterfly photobook we received from our dear friend Heather over at Everyday Adventures of a Mom. This book seriously makes me tear up everytime I start to look at it. Heather is so amazing!

On my mind:
My youngest sister Megan is currently in the hospital... again. She was intially admitted for extreme GI bleeding which resulted in a diagnosis of Crohn's disease. She was released on Saturday the 8th and readmitted the following Tuesday. It weighs heavy on my heart that I am so far away from the rest of the family. Not only is my sister in the hospital, my dad is out of state and my little brother spends most of his day at home with no one. I wish there was more I could do.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! Trust in the Lord always, for in the Lord, Jehovah, is your everlasting strength."


No comments:

Post a Comment