Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 24

The past has been a little off. School started on Tuesday. It is weird having so much time off of school, but at the same time not having the time to do anything. Now that the rush of the holidays is over, my work schedule has mellowed. I am hoping to have more free time to get back to making our house more of a home.




The weather in my neck of the woods:
The weather has been pretty mild except for the ice cold and harsh winds.

Things that make me happy:
Reading wedding blogs. Heather sent me an email filled with blog resources. It has been awesome spending time reading with other people have done. It is also nice knowing that my ideas are not super popular. At the same time it is a little nerve racking. Overall, I am elated that the reason I am reading blogs is the fact that I am engaged. I guess I am still on the high of it.

Book I'm reading:
Spain: Root & Flower by John A. Crow

What's on my TV today:
Whip It

On the menu for dinner:
BBQ Chicken Salad

On my To Do List:
Unpack the NYC luggage, write out spring semester schedule, do laundry. I really, really, really need to finish unpacking our clothes from the NYC trip. Everything that is in there are items that are part of our more fancier clothing options and need to be taken the to dry cleaners so it hasn't been a priority. The suitcase itself is taking up too much space in my office though. (ditto) I hate that we do not have a washer and dryer here. As we begin thinking about new living arrangements, I am considering looking at places that have hook ups and/or both put in already. It'll be a little more every month for sure, but nothing beats the luxury of having a washer and dryer to wash anything and everything right then and there.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing. I am a huge kitchen slacker.

In the craft basket:
Shadow box, vintage "LOVE" project, "Lucy" in giraffe print, more stuff for the etsy shops.

Looking forward to this week:
No Work! So sill but it is nice not having worry about fitting shifts at Michaels into the craziness that is my life.

Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned:
I usually can't think of tips and tricks, so I am mixed the two together because sometimes our tricks and tips for others come from lessons we have learned. This week I want to remind everyone that sometimes we just need to take a step back from things. It can help to clear the mind and a give a new perspective.

My favorite blog post this week:
Although this post is from a few weeks ago, this Magical Engagement really made me tear up and get all misty eyed.

Blog Hopping:
I have recently added Elise Blaha's enJOY it blog. I found her through some DIY searching for wedding ideas. Her Sacramento wedding was so amazingly beautiful, I hope I can make mine just half as awesome as hers!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

No Princess Alone button
On my mind:
Wedding of course! I am also considering scheduling myself for a slammogram. I know it may sound like it is too early for it, but given my history of cysts, and the family's history of cancer, it is the smart thing to do.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. " 1 John 4:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment