Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday Jan 10

This has been a crazy week and it has flown by so quickly. Without too many hours at work this week, BK and I have been spending a lot of time just together. We have also discussed a bunch of wedding stuff. Things are getting really awesome.



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It has started to warm. The past few days, as well as today, have been sunny and bright. But I am sure that by comparison to the rest of the state 36* is really cold, but when the over night low is barely 8* before the wind chill, 36* is a welcomed warm temp.

Things that make me happy:
Wedding planning! And slow inside days with BK.

Book I'm reading:
Nothing currently

What's on my TV today:
Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy

On the menu for dinner:
Homemade tacos

On my To Do List:
Unpack the NYC luggage, write out spring semester schedule, getting geared up for school.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe another blogger has posted. I love tortilla soup and this recipe looks like one of the easiest I have seen. The same blogger posted a raspberry coffee cake I am tempted to try as well.

In the craft basket:
Shadow box,

Looking forward to this week:
FINALLY making the Lopez Almond Cookies, getting a little extra money in the bank.

My favorite blog post this week:
So far I am thinking a DIY wedding is going to be for us. Working for Michaels has proved that it can be beneficial. I love the idea of formally sending a request to the girls for the wedding party. I saw this tutorial for a bridesmaid card, and I just love it. I was considering making one for each of the people that will be in our wedding party. I wouldn't do them in such a girlie style though. It is worth considering.

Blog Hopping:
I have been doing all sorts of internet searching and came across the Style Me Pretty blog. It is so inspiring to see all the beautiful wedding ideas.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
On my mind:
Lately, I have really been missing my grandma Lana. She was the most supportive person in my life before she passed in 2004. There have been some big things happening since her death, but nothing as big as getting married. Just knowing she won't be able to help or be there on the big day is really racking my nerves and emotions.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment