Sunday, November 21, 2010

Creamy Ranch Chicken?

Last weekend, I came up with a plan on how to revamp and post more, but then there were no posts over the week. Sad, I know. I worked both Wednesday and Thursday. And I think there was only one new recipe. Friday night, I spent some time browsing recipes calling for stuff I knew we had and I came up with this one from Food.com via Family Oven.

Creamy Ranch Chicken
ingredients
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons cream
  • 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
  • mushroom (fresh sliced or canned)
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated, not shredded)
procedure
  1. Lay chicken in baking pan (just large enough so chicken covers pan; not too big!) Cover chicken with mushrooms.
  2. Mix sour cream, mayo, cream and dressing mix together.
  3. Pour over chicken, covering all pieces.
  4. Top with grated cheese.
  5. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes (until chicken is done and top is golden).
My results:
I used about 5 chicken tenderloins as opposed to chicken breasts. It was just enough to feed us both well. Since we were using the smaller loins, I didn't cover the bottom of the pan, like it says. I also used pre-made dressing instead of making it as the recipe says. Big Mistake. The bottom of the pan was filled with oil after we cooked. The open pan space heated up and boiled the dressing, causing it to separate the oil/grease out of the pre-made stuff. Other than that, it was a good dish. I will be trying it with the called for ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment