Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday Nov 15



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Current weather is clear and cold. It is 37 with a chance of reaching 25 overnight.

Things that make me happy:
The most prevalent thing making me happy (and somewhat sad) is my completion and submission of my graduation application. This marks the end of the better part of half a decade!

Book I'm reading:
Unfortunately, I am not reading any one book. I have been researching and reading articles about the role of indigenous plants as medicinal agents.

What's on my TV today:
Berkeley has been watching a lot of King of the Hill on Netflix today.

On the menu for dinner:
Tonight, we had my famous Chicken Enchilada Casserole!

On my To Do List:
Finishing papers
Sending out some gifts
Planning and finishing a Diaper Cake!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Pumpkin Loaf/Roll as shared by Heather!

In the craft basket:
Reversible infant mittens, burp cloths, pacifier holders, our christmas cards, as well as some personalized gifts

Looking forward to this week:
Hopefully, finishing our Christmas cards and some gifts.

Tips and Tricks:
To compliment Berke's first post today's tip is of the poultry sort. Regardless of whether or not you eat the chicken skin, cook the chicken with it on. The skin not only adds flavor, but it also keeps the moisture and prevents the meat from drying out.

My favorite blog post this week:
The next few weeks, my favorites will probably be a little biased. As I announced last week and the week before, long time supporter Heather had her beautiful baby girl. My favorite blog post this week is both baby Elly's one week update and a post about her being a Daddy's Girl.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
kissssing, a love blog

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
On my mind:

School, and family!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you" Deut 31:6

1 comment:

Post a Comment