Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pulled Pork Tenderloin Redux

So tonight we used my crock pot recipe for making pulled pork. Our schedule was a little wacky today and we didn't decide on dinner until about 2pm. I figured we would still have time. It usually takes 6 hours on low heat to make the pork and ideally, it would be 3-4 hours on high heat.

About 5:00, I started pulling the pork apart. I noticed it did not pull as easily or in the same manner as normal. The taste was fine, it was just different. The meat was definitely cooked very well, but I think soaking in 6 hours with the soda really helps add the tenderness that makes pulled pork as great as it is.

Like I said, the flavors and textures were not bad, in fact the right flavors were all there, it was just different. So, I highly suggest cooking it recipe on low for 6 hours, or soaking the loin overnight. Then add to the crock pot on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment